NYC ACM SIGGRAPH is run by volunteers. The NYC ACM SIGGRAPH Board of Directors provides direction and oversight for the organization.
It is time for Elections for 2020 – 2022. We are seeking nominees for President, Treasurer and five At Large Board of Director positions. All nominees must be current members of NYC ACM SIGGRAPH who have been a member for at least one year; members with less than one year membership who have been a primary organizer on an event or presented at an event are eligible to run for the Board. (Nominees for Officer positions must be current members of the Board of Directors.) Experience with the organization as a volunteer is also strongly encouraged, but not required.
If you are interested in running for the Board or would like to nominate someone, let us know. You can nominate yourself using this Google form [link].
If you wish to nominate somebody else, contact the Elections Chair
For the upcoming elections, nominations must be made no later than 11:59PM EDT on Monday,
July 20, 2020. Extended through July 27, 2020.
Nominations must be accompanied by the nominee’s name, address, telephone number, and email address. It should also include a brief bio (maximum of 100 words) and a statement explaining why the nominee would like to run for the Board. This statement should be no more than 250 words and address the following items:
- Why do you want to be a member of the NYC ACM SIGGRAPH Board of Directors?
- What activities would you like to see NYC ACM SIGGRAPH develop?
- In what areas would you like to participate on committees?
- How will current interests of yours contribute to the board and the NYC ACM SIGGRAPH community?
Board Membership can be truly rewarding
- Board members (Directors) help to direct the vision and mission of NYC ACM SIGGRAPH.
- Board members propose, plan, coordinate, and manage NYC ACM SIGGRAPH events.
- Board members interact with the NYC metro area CG and digital arts community.
- Board members work with industry and academic leaders in this community.
- Board members often serve as mentors for NYC ACM SIGGRAPH volunteers.
Of course, being a BOD member also carries certain responsibilities
Image by Sebastiaan ter Burg