Board Membership Responsibilities
The following is expected of a member of the NYC ACM SIGGRAPH board of directors
- Attend the meetings of the BOD that are scheduled once a month except during the summer. These meetings are typically held in Manhattan on a weeknight. They start around 7:00PM and last approximately 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Attend and provide support at our chapter events. This support includes, but is not limited to being an usher, checking people in, and collecting money. Board members are expected to attend at least four Chapter events during the year
- Serve on at least one organization committee. Our current committees include Web Site, MetroCAF, Programs, Volunteers, Membership, Publicity, and Elections. Each committee has different needs so to find out more about a particular committee, please contact the committee chair listed on the Leadership page at this site.
- Contribute on a regular basis via email. Since we don't have much face-to-face time each month, it is important that you are able to participate in email discussions in a timely manner.
- Bring an awareness of NYC ACM SIGGRAPH to other organizations and/or companies that you may be involved in. NYC ACM SIGGRAPH is always looking for other groups to collaborate with. If you are active in another society or your job puts you in a position to arrange events that might be of interest to our membership, we expect that you will share this knowledge with the BOD.
Additional responsibilities and duties of Officer candidates can be found in sections V and VI of our chapter bylaws.